Thursday, September 25, 2008

In the beginning......

So what exactly do you include in a blog anyway? Well from all of the ones I have seen it’s a little of this and a little of that. I’ve seen blogs with recipes, blogs with family photos, blogs with decorating tips, blogs with vacation adventures, blogs with happy stories, blogs with sad stories, blogs that were romantic, blogs that were comical, blogs that were political, blogs that were religious, blogs that were famous and blogs that were not, and blogs about blogs…. It would seem that the world is crazy about blogs.

What will this blog be like? Well……….maybe a little bit of all of those…. I think my life is average and probably pretty boring, but for some reason the people all around me seem to think otherwise and keep telling me I need to share it with the world via blog. Hmmmm………Ooooooo-kkkkkkk…..

So then, now that we have decided what this blog will be about….where do I start?

OY! Another conundrum…..what would make a fitting first “official” blog entry….something deep and inspiring or something comical and light. Should I go into a long diatribe about where I came from and what life was like growing up in the South? Should I share the adventures of living in New England….or what life is like being married to a Marine who is obsessed with hot peppers….? There’s humor to be found in being a dog mom however….as well as why Dilbert, Get Fuzzy and Pearls Before Swine are my favorite cartoons……. On the other hand, I could possibly elaborate on my personal feelings as to why a Starbucks should be on every street corner in America and why raisins are evil incarnate.

There are just too many things to consider here. I may need to take an Excedrin and think this over. Perhaps I’ll go kiss Ben, pet Sargie, read the comics and have a cup of coffee while I decide.

No comments: