Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rise and Shine!!!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH myyyyyyyyyyy.........this day got started off with a bang...LOL.
So I made the new schedule for this month at work and put myself on this mornign to open at 6:15. No problem....we set the alarm to get up at 4 to give us plenty of time to get ready etc. Well.....the very last thing that Ben said to me before we went to sleep last night, was " Wow....we have to get up in like 4 hours.." Now...he WAS exaggerating....we actually had close to 6 hours before we had to get up....but my tired brain locked onto "4 hours" as I drifted off to sleep.
SOOOOOOOOOO...........4 hours later..almost to the minute....I woke up. BEing half asleep and also concerned with being hyper vigilant that I not miss the alarm and be late to work, I sat up and looked at the alarm clock. Well....being bleary eyed and half asleep for some reason I could have sworn the clock read "7:47". All of a sudden I leapt out of bed like I had been shot from a cannon and promptly began freaking out. I jolted Benny and the mini marine out of their sound sleep with cries of, "OH NO, OH NO,OH NO!!!! WE OVERSLEPT!!! I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AT WORK ALMOST 2 HOURS AGO!!!!!"
Ben flew out of bed and apologized repeatedly for somehow sleeping through the alarm as he ran through the house getting ready to get dressed. Meanwhile all I could do was picture my poor co-worker Devon waiting at the door, in the cold, with one of our kids and his mom....waiting on me! I rushed to the phone and called her cell phone. What met my ears only made things worse! SHE was still sleeping too!!!! " DEVON!!!! OH MY GOSH!!! WE OVERSLEPT...WE WERE BOTH SUPPOSED TO BE AT WORK ALMOST TWO HOURS AGO!!!!"
She repeatedly asked me sleepily, "wait...what???" and I repeated my self several times until finally she said to me.......(wait for it..) ............."'s 2 in the morning."
"'s only 2:49 in the morning.."
"Oh my Gosh's only 2:49 in the morning...(insert light groggy laughter)"
"Nooooooo.......(I leaned over and looked at the clock on the microwave behind me and confirmed the horrible truth) ......noooo.........(insert more light groggy laughing fromthe other side of the phone) .............OHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYY GOSH!!!!!!!!!! I did NOT just do that!!! OHHHHH my GOSHHHHH!!!! I am soooooooo SORRY!!! I cannot believe I.....WHAT was I thinking?!?!?!?!? OHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYY GOSH!!!!! The two looked like a 7!!! I can't believe I just did that....oh my.....Oh nooooooooo....are you going to be able to go back to sleep?!?!?!?!"
"yeah...(laughing) ...oh my GOSH Fran!!!"
" Oh my Gosh, Dev I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRRYYY!!!!!"
Sooooo, yeah that was pretty much where the conversation ended and then I promptly notified Ben and Sargie of my HUGE error....and both filtered back into the bedroom as if the wave of adrenaline had just dropped off and they were suddenly fully aware of jst how tired they really were. YEAH...THAT was how my day started....then when I REALLY DID get up at 4, got ready and went to work....I wa in such a tizzy afterall that I hadn't checked the news to notice that we had a 90 minute I didn't have to be to work until 8 anyway....sigh.....on top of which I had to work a 12 hour shift today ANYWAY....LOL.....
Ohhhhhhhhh it was a comical day to say the least. I can't help but laugh...even now my eyes are tearing up and making it hard to type because I'm laughing so hard. LOL.Ya know...I know people that if this had happened to them, they would be foul and irritated all day long...but for what? Stuff happens...find the good and humor in it... Thank God, I'm alive and have a job and friends etc etc adds interest to an otherwise mild day. is good....and now I'm going to bed to catch up on some sleep! LOL

1 comment:

Nicole O'Dell said...

Oh man! As a mom with infant triplets, I am cringing and moaning over the sleep that you COULD have had! lol You poor thing!

So glad you can laugh about it though!